Benefits of individual therapy:
- Develop the ability to attach meaning to the repeated patterns of wounding
- Gain new perspectives to free yourself from anxiety, depression and self- criticism
- Deal with addictive behaviours including substance misuse, relationship issues, eating disorders, etc.
- Reclaim your sense of personal power by understanding the dynamics in your relationships
- Learn how to move forward in your life rather than being stuck, helpless and hopeless
- Find ways to relate to emotional or physical pain so that the suffering brings wisdom and compassion rather than depression and anger
- Improve the quality of your relationships by developing more affirming behaviours
- Provide you with a set scheduled time to attend to your own needs and regain your sense of wellbeing
- Have a safe and interested listener who is non-judgmental and supportive
You may have found this page by searching for: Therapy Claremont Cape Town, Psychologist Claremont Cape Town, Cape Town Therapy, Western Cape
Individual therapy, also known as psychotherapy, talk therapy, or counseling is a collaborative process between therapist and client that aims to facilitate change and improve quality of life.
Therapy can help people confront barriers that interfere with emotional and mental well-being, and it can also increase positive feelings such as compassion, self-esteem, love, courage, and peace.
Many people find they enjoy the therapeutic journey of becoming more self-aware, and they may pursue ongoing psychotherapy as a means of self-growth and self-actualization.